identify my boat

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

ncdavid
CBoats Addict

identify my boat

Post by ncdavid »

I acquired a whitewater canoe in good condition (thanks to David Nickerson, Jim Michaud, and Bill Reap for the complicated transport). I don't know what it is. It is a Mad River boat. Has Mad River decals and end plates. No serial number. Never had one. Royalex. Blackish/green exterior, olive drab interior. 13'2 length, about 3" of rocker, 31" maximum width, a little tubby in the middle. Paddles well (at least on the Fife Brook section of the Deerfield). Looks like a less-rockered, slightly longer, slightly wider Outrage X in a weird color. Any guesses?
MrTgrips
CBoats Addict

Post by MrTgrips »

Photos make posts like this sooooo much better! :D

Mick
P.S. I just put a tape on my MRC Fantasy.....Length:13'2", Width: 30" to outside of wood trim. And of course, tons of rocker!
Hope that helps.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Look under "Search Boats"...

Post by Sir Adam »

Look under "Search boats" and see if any of the images look familiar. You can filter by OC1, etc... CHeck out Race and Rec, just in case it's miss-categorized (wouldn't be the first time...).
Keep the C!
Adam
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

The two Mad River boats I've owned, both older, had the serial number stamped into the royalex close up under the gunwales - easily obscured by mildew and such. Might be even harder to see on a darkly colored hull? Pix would help!
LEW
C Guru

Post by LEW »

Could it be a Synergy?
Not the one they sell now, but the original version.
Bill M
C Guru

Rampage

Post by Bill M »

Purely a guess.
Bill
OC1_SURFER
Pain Boater

Post by OC1_SURFER »

Flashback II? :-? Too short for Synergy or Rampage.

T.P.
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Not a MR Synergy at that length. I've paddled a Synergy for about ten years. It's a full 15 feet in length, and might be viewed as an improved ME.
Roger
C Guru

Post by Roger »

I'll go with the Flashback until we see pictures. If it has a bottom like a bowling ball, even more proof!
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

I'd guess a Rampage

Post by Mikey B »

The Rampage was 13'-3 or 4" with about 4" of rocker. It carried it's volume almost to the ends...looked really tubby. Sounds more like what you might have. I tried to find a picture...maybe snap a digital from an old catalog...
Mike
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

Okay, I'll take some pix soon. Re-measured the boat. 13' even, bow and stern plates are the same as Outrage plates except they have a 1" thick plastic extension on the ends (thus my 13'2" measurement), and 29 1/2" maximum width. Definitely not Rampage. I don't know the Flashback, but the bottom isn't like a bowling ball. Pictures soon.
OC1_SURFER
Pain Boater

Post by OC1_SURFER »

A friend of mine had a MR Flashback for a few years. He ran the gates with it. I think it was basically a Royalex version of Kaz's canoe by the same name. MR also came out with a Flashback II which I believe had a little more freeboard. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

T.P.