OC1 Bell Prdigy

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Raff
C Boater

OC1 Bell Prdigy

Post by Raff »

Hi,
does anybody have some experience with the new Bell Prodigy?
Raff from gemany
msims
CBoats Addict

2nd-hand info.

Post by msims »

I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard about three people say that it's one of the faster boats they've tried, also one of the wetter boats. I'd guess it might be a little better for smaller paddlers, not sure. It sits quite low.

Mike.
-- Cya
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

fast...yep. wet...yep. ABS...sadly..yep. there's some new material and fresh designs coming down the pipe for canoes... be patient, and save your money.
msims
CBoats Addict

New boats?

Post by msims »

Hi Craig,

Can you share anything about new designs in the pipeline? I'm looking for an Ocoee, but I might wait if there are newer boats coming out soon. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike.
-- Cya
mshelton
CBoats Addict

Post by mshelton »

Wait untill winter and check out Esquif. I spoke with thier rep at Gauley Fest, they have a cool ne material comming out as well as some new boats.
Glenn
c

Post by Glenn »

I paddled the Prodigy this spring. My comments are pretty much the same as everyone else. It felt fast...

Regarding the new materials and designs... Anymore info about this? Is Dagger up to anything with their open canoes?
(O)C

prodigy, zoom, dagger, maxim

Post by (O)C »

Some of my comments but you really have to paddle a boat before you know if it feels right for you:

Prodigy: paddled it, very fast, similar to an Ocoee with a round hull,
which some paddlers prefer. Great for speed, ferrying, front surfing, doesn't shine in big water quite as much, not for those who like hard chines.

Esquif/detonator: really different feel, have to paddle it, not everyone likes the double chine feel, slow, but is fun on big water.
zoom: paddled on flat water, seems faster than detonator, hard chine- try it!

My big - for Esquifs is the long-term durability. the vinyl is soft and especially on the double chine, this layer disappears quickly, (much faster than i.e a dagger) Hopefully they will correct this problem- new material would be great.

Pyranha Prelude: similar to a cut-down Ocoee, hard chines, rolls well, fun to paddle, short and made of plastic- this is the playboat I'd get

Mohawk Maxim: looks simliar to Zoom, haven't paddled it...

Dagger- apparently they're stopping production of open ww boats...