Maybe I am wrong but what is min flow?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

craig
CBoats Addict

Post by craig »

If I can run it without draggin my boat over the river bottom, it's not too low
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

craig wrote:If I can run it without draggin my boat over the river bottom, it's not too low
Which is why I was making fun of Louie's Tremont clip in the first place.
Louie

Post by Louie »

I will admit that I won't go back to Treemont at that .75 level again, but when a Kayaker says the min is .8, come on who would have ever guess a buttboater would ever know the correct min or max
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

craig wrote:If I can run it without draggin my boat over the river bottom, it's not too low
what's the difference? seems like some folks get stuck on the low flow even when there's high flow raging everywhere around them some days?

here's a fine example... http://www.americanwhitewater.org/photo ... /14040.wmv

:lol:
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

Louie I think some people like high flows so they can get their giant old school boats down the creek at all, and others just need an excuse to wear a skirt in public.
Joe
Louie

Post by Louie »

Only in public in Wisconson, hades he couldn't even find the Cheaoh, remember a long out of state trip to him is goin to South Bend.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Louie wrote:Only in public in Wisconson, hades he couldn't even find the Cheaoh, remember a long out of state trip to him is goin to South Bend.
:roll: It's a good thing I went to Upper Michigan then this weekend isn't it? Although I did take the Spanish Fly. Doubled up on the Falls River Saturday and did the Silver on Sunday... plenty of water. You should come check it out some day. There's rivers in more places than just the Southeast to go down if you want to get scared and drop multiple feet per mile... ours aren't very good to swim down though Mike... it's probably best to stay in your comfort zone... just like me. :lol:

Sadly though we lost a fellow paddler on Friday to one of our upper midwestern rivers. :( http://www.miningjournal.net/page/conte ... 26038.html
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

you know, boating's come a long way since the 80's. if you develop the right skills you can make a short boat go as fast as you need it to. maybe you should accept louie's invitation so he can show you how
Joe
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

gumpy1114 wrote:you know, boating's come a long way since the 80's. if you develop the right skills you can make a short boat go as fast as you need it to. maybe you should accept louie's invitation so he can show you how
you talking to me? :lol:
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

you talking to me?

no. i think we posted at the same time. the guy insisting ocoee's are perfect creek boats. :roll: fun, yes, but...
Joe
eddyhops
CBoats Addict

Post by eddyhops »

Joe... you may have jumped tracks :-?
JD
Louie

Post by Louie »

This is an answer to the cheese head

Craig the UP is part of Wisconson or should be. In the distances you drove from your house to the UP i could have gone by fifty rivers. I have been to the UP Pres Isle, Wolf, Pesigo and if you had ever swim the Alley way on the Santellia, or five times on the Green ( my boat broke in half before the run and I only a little duct tape to hold it together on the run) i don't think you would say your swims are worse than mine unless you are talkin about enought volume to flush drown at which point I would say you are right. However down here our choices are such that if the water is that high we just go a little futher up the mountain. If i ever get all the rivers with in a 3 hour radius of the house I might consider comin up to the flat land boatin you do up there ( it seemed flat to me). Personally I love the cookin at my house and my bed and bed warmer are just the way I like them, I boat enough as it is, here at home and on business, that when I get a vacation I want to go to the beech, or somewhere the family wants to go. I don't consider a boatin trip as a get away just doin what I do every week anyway just in a different location. Ya when I got all the rivers down here done we can talk. The truth of the matter is you all are kinda rude, tend to look down on us, and make remarks about us talkin funny. No I rather just stay here where I don't have an accent but rather you do. And another dam thing what is this I hear about you goin to come down here and bunkin with a dress wear buttboater, when there ain't nuthin running but the Slocoee, Hiawussie and the Nanty, well maybe the Green. I don't understand why you would blow off creek season and come in the dry part of the year, but I won't try and understand the northern mind. Remember if I had my way everything north of the Mason Dixon line could be given to Canada ( maybe then they would free Quibec) and anything west of the Missippissi Mexico could have back. Ya acustom check point on Penn. southern boarder would be fine with me not that I would ever cross it.
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

i better apply for my passport now. think they'll search my boat?
Joe
Louie

Post by Louie »

No just tell them you know me.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Louie... let me know when you are done with the pulpit. :lol: