Maybe I am wrong but what is min flow?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

I agree with Andrew, run whatever you can, whenever you can. There's a few yellow creeks up my way, too. :D BTW, looking forward to paddling down your way again sometime soon, before next ALF.
Joe
Louie

Post by Louie »

Why the sneak line? Why date just blond? Why not run all the lines? Verirty is the spice of life. Of couse it is easier to date a blond and a black haired girl at the same time than it is paddle a 8 foot and a 13 foot boat at the same time.

Andrew and Grumpy remember Yellow boats show up real well in pictures so don't scrape all the yellow off your boats, If you two want to paddle together I want to go, we could meet at the Russell Fork that about half way for both no? Grumpy bring longboater with you, well let him follow you I wouldn't want to ride with him either beside he don't like people he said. He can show us how to run the right line at climax in a barge, I'll bring a camera.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

red boats boof better
blue boats surf better
green boats spin in holes better
orange boats are the easiest to swim out of
black boats are better in big water
multi-colored boats photograph better
metalflake boats squirt better
short boats creek better...

:roll:
PincheLocoGringo
Pain Boater

Post by PincheLocoGringo »

What...you forgot big white boats with red trim. That ain't right.
If common sense were the prevailing wage, I'd always be broke.
androooo
C Boater

Post by androooo »

Louie wrote: Andrew and Grumpy remember Yellow boats show up real well in pictures so don't scrape all the yellow off your boats, If you two want to paddle together I want to go, we could meet at the Russell Fork that about half way for both no?
Ya'll both tell me which weekend you're ready to go! Louie, I'll meet you in TN.

I graduate May 18 and have no plans for almost two full weeks after that, so if yall can work anything out on yalls end then, or any weekend till then, I'm itching to go. :D two5six-six5four-five659

I'm not bullshitttting around either i'm packing my bags :P
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Craig Smerda wrote:red boats boof better
blue boats surf better
green boats spin in holes better
orange boats are the easiest to swim out of
black boats are better in big water
multi-colored boats photograph better
metalflake boats squirt better
short boats creek better...

:roll:
What about Royalex boats??? :lol: ???

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

two ways

Post by Longboatin »

How about 8' and 16' boats at the same time? Thats some tru longboating 4 ya. Here's what ya do.
Pull out a 16 ft canoe, take it to the river. Once yer there, dont spin it around and sit on the bow seat facing the stern like the old days. Instead hop inta the stern seat. Sure the bow is gonna be outta the water, and she may feel tippy, more or less, but what youll have is a boat that spins like its short, has speed when you want it, and can punch holes like Tyson. Also, you can carry way more beer than anyone else on the water. Its a Ford van and Lamborghini at the same time, not a van made by Lambo, more like a transformer, adapting to whatever you need at the time. Flotation is optional, but to hang w/ the longboat crew just keepp it filled w/ air, the kind not encumbered by coated nylon or vinyl.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

http://streamboard.blogspot.com/2009/04 ... -boat.html Canoe verses squirt boat....Just thought I'd toss this out there to continue the discussion.... :wink: thoughts???
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

Post by Longboatin »

pretty wild. looks like louie might have taught the oc their forward stroke though.
Louie

Post by Louie »

You really need to post a video of your self so you can show us you high skill level
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

Yessir

Post by Longboatin »

Bein frum the po' side o' pittsburgh, ive never even seen a vid cam up close. mayb why im still in 23 yr old equipment, har har. Perhaps I get to one o these c boat functions, someone'll take footage. Actually did get to NBP on day of the armada couple years back, and eventhough some decked c's kept tellin me I wasnt long boatin right, nobody took shots when I surfed that hole where you can see railroad trax.
Been savin' my pennys 4 couple years now, but theyre gonna be goin to Backlund when I get enough, so he can make me up a nice whitewater bentshaft. Then lookout, might need one of those highspeed cameras just to get a bead on me.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Low flow to me means you hit rocks on the way down, but can still make it. May be termed "Boney" or "Scrapey" depending on where in New England you are.

Exactly where low flow ends and "it's not worth it" begins is a personal decision, and may change depending on what else, if anything is running (desperation factor).

I've seen Mr. Longboatin in action, and he enjoys himself out on the water as we all do, which is really what is important. If you're paddling what you want to paddle, be it slalom, creeking, Cquirting, or river running, more power to you.

That said, I think it would be good for ALL of us to swap boats, both for folks like Longboatin (a Cquirt would be a good choice:) ), and myself (a conversion perhaps, or a Longboat (open, Longboatin style, which is in a sense how a lot of us started. I would like to try the stern position, as it would be interesting. The exact opposite of the "cab forward" OC slalom designs today...taken to an extreme).
Keep the C!
Adam
Louie

Post by Louie »

do you have any friends..... I mean do you know anybody who might take pictures of ya? Don't worry about the speed thing they have some really good high speed camera now there of day, like your boat I am sure you proberly have one of the classic like a Browing Box camera. I see if we can get the one they used for the turtle race to film ya. Being from Pittsville I figured you could steal one.

I have some boats that old, they are in the warehouse on the bottom of the pile of other I have, I do have and still use a set of military surpluss, brown polly pro I got in 1984.

I was ridden the bus out of the Taullah one day and a kid next to me said "hey those are cool polly pro, I ain't never seen browns ones , where you get them?" I said "kid I got these at Rivers when I was working on the Gauley in 1984" he got real quite and didn't say anything for a while, then he looked at me and said "I was born in 1986."
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Well Longboatin and Louie, should you both show up for the C-quirt, you're both welcome to try the Ceemweaver!
And Louie, if you feel insecure about wearing a skirt, you cab paddle it without one,it will make mysteries that much easier, as you'll be already halfway there... :lol: ...!

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Louie

Post by Louie »

Sir Adam, Mr. Longboat is currently paddlin which boat again?