Burn vs Remix: Which Makes a Better C1?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Bruce Farrenkopf
CBoats Addict

Burn vs Remix: Which Makes a Better C1?

Post by Bruce Farrenkopf »

I am paddling the Pyranha H3 255 and it makes a very good river running C1 :D . I am probably going to need a new hull soon so am thinking about getting a Burn L. Before I commit though I need to hear more about the Remix 69 or 79. Help me decide between the Burn and the Remix. Which is considered better as a river running C1? And for the Remix - which size 69 or 79 (I weigh 155 lbs and really like the large H3)?

SYOTR,

Bruce Farrenkopf
JFD
C Guru

Post by JFD »

I've paddled the burn and the remix quite a bit (medium burn and the remix 69). Very similar boats, both make great conversions. remix was a little faster, burn turned a little easier. other than that, very little difference. if I were planning on running more vertical stuff, I'd get the burn, more big water, I'd get the remix. You can't go wrong with either choice though, both can run any type of water. (I ditched both and went back to the Blunt, still never found a better creeker).
jay
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Ugh, I'd go remix all the way, (or habitat) I find the Burn a pig to paddle, It wants to be a big water boat and a creekboat; and does both badly.

I wouldn't limit yourself to just those two boats, the habitat is a better option than either for people looking at steep creeks, and I got on a lot better with the everest than the burn (Its the only half-decent boat pyranha make anymore.)

Of course if you're paddling a H3, you'll move to the burn without incident, but you won't see much of a change, I would think you could get a newish, good condition H3 shell for significantly less $ than a new burn, they were making H3's (with downgraded rapid plus yaker outfitting) until 4 months ago after all.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Remix or Burn

Post by billcanoes »

Hi Bruce! Hope you're well- I've owned both the Large Burn and the Remix 69 and 79 anyway, the 69 Remix I like better than the 79 it seemed a little speedier even though its shorter- I think the burn will be more similar to you h3 - I found the burn for me would be better suited for big water though i prefer flat bottom boats though i'm keeping my 79 as opposed to a large burn because i dont paddle big water much and it does great on creeks and river runs