best c1 creeker

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

orky
C Boater

best c1 creeker

Post by orky »

so in your opinion whats the best c1 creeker?
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Jefe if you can handle the lack of primary stability or Habitat!
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

Bernie told me he has creeked a lot in a Remix 69. I was at the Lower Green put-in a few weeks ago ( Narrows take out) and saw Shane Benedict take out of the Narrows with a Remix 79 K-1. I'm sure he could have paddled a Jefe if he wanted to.
xmas0c1c1k1
CBoats Addict

Post by xmas0c1c1k1 »

most of the creekers out do well habitat, jefe series, burn, karnali im sure is good, remix, nomad, blunt prob one of the best all time although I have never paddled one, prijon Hercules if you can handle the size. riots have small cockpits and are out of business . I did not like the critical mass at all. What can you get cheap? Do you like planing hulls or displacement hulls? What are your strengths and weaknesses as a paddler? Best to assess what you want in a creeker and see what boats have that. I paddle a jefe grande because i like displacement hulls it turns on a dime, and most of all it stays on top of everything I love the rocker to boof out and get on top of holes and curlers and rocks. The boat does not seem unstable to me at all either. It lacks in speed compared to others but i personally am ok with that sacrifice for the other postives oh and Liquidlogic is an awesome company!!
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

One of the things I also like about my remix is that it tracks well is fast, stable and carves well also. You won't get that feeling from a round hull although some may do better creekers for the very hard stuff my remix does a really fun boat for the smoother runs also, not just the steeps. 8)

Once you do dial the outfit and get some comfort you feel like taking this boat just everywhere. Rolls soooo easily too.

The stern of the remix also has a little less rocker and volume and has the top flat-shaped. This is nice for speed and sinking the stern in pivot turns but it can get catchy on some big drops.

So to my opinion from paddling the boat on one season the remix is a great creeker and downriver boat would recommend to anyone but isn't such a true die hard creeker. Rounder shorter hulls with more volume like jefe habitat would do better I guess...

Just my 2 pennies!
Watch out; that river has rocks on the bottom. :o
Alden
CBoats Addict

Post by Alden »

I've paddled the Burn, Remix and the Blunt, and all three are great creekers. The Blunt is the classic, but you can't find those anymore. I am a little unhappy with the Burn in really big water, but what I do now is just avoid paddling out West. Either way, you really can't go wrong with the Remix or the Burn. I've heard the Jefe is a great C-1 too, but I've never paddled one.

Ranking dead last on this list? The Pyranha Micro 240 . . .

Alden
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

I am a little unhappy with the Burn in really big water, but what I do now is just avoid paddling out West.
OK alden. let's have it.... DETAILS!
Larry
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

remix 79 if you weigh more than a 10 year old child.
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

remix 79 if you weigh more than a 10 year old child.
Will you phat arse! :lol:

Kidding apart, I've hesitated myself between the 69 and 79... (I am 165lbs) the extra inch looked interesting for stability but I was questioning myself about the roundish chines; if they would engage OK even if you don't sink the boat too deep...

Then I've heard from other folks (around 150lbs) who even told me they liked the 59 better for its speed...

So anyways, I like my boat but would be very curious about trying out the 79 one day...
Watch out; that river has rocks on the bottom. :o