C1 Winter Project - Boat Advice Needed

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Kalin
Pain Boater

Get in the 'Zone!

Post by Kalin »

Glenn!

Get in the 'Zone! InaZone, that is! It is a wicked C1 conversion as many have attested too already......

I feel the X will be frustrating for Dianne. Much slower and not as strong a river runner. The Inazone shines on almost every type of run....trust me, it won't be very slicy with her in it...she is well within the weight range....

I have a friend who runs a tonne of stuff in his Inazone 230 and a friend who runs everything in her Inazone 222.
Wicked boat. Go for it!

Drop me a line so I can chat with you both more about the topic. This is VERY exciting that you are considering it! And the winter is a great time to go to pool sessions and start to get a feel for paddling, rolling and playing with your new C1!

Kalin. 8)

E: ctwosea@hotmail.com
Judd

Post by Judd »

Go for the 220 conversion for sure. I'm paddling a converted 230, and it's a great river runner! At 165, I don't find it too slicey, so I think she'd love the 220 at her weight.

The 230 was essentially my first c boat after paddling oc for years. It takes a bit of time to get used to slicier ends in any c boat compared to an oc, but after having it on the river a couple days I adjusted just fine. The key for me was to paddle more aggressively, and keep momemtum, especially when in boily or turbulent water. She's going to love how fast it accelerates and how nimble it feels compared to an ocoee.

It's also a boat that is great for learning to play. It'll front/back surf, spin and ender pretty well, but doesn't have a super twitchy feel like a true playboat.

Judd
Glenn
c

Post by Glenn »

Thanks for all the advice. The inazone getting a bit of a face lift. As I type, all the kayak outfitting has been removed. I hope to have the conversion complete before pool sessions.

As a bit of an aside, here is a copy of an e-mail from the kayaker that I bought the boat from. Even the kayaker agrees that c-boating is the way to go… J Remember this when in your next two blade versus one blade debate. Enjoy!

"A new lease on life! Glen, I always suspected that there was something more out of life that my Inazone craved. I tried everything... I took her into huge holes upsidedown, I ran big lines and got thumped, heck sometimes I even slipped her through a clean run, but at the end of the day there was a look of dissatisfaction written all over her 'mango' complexion. Hey I'm happy that you two worked something out together, I know it's for the best and hope that the little 220 adapts well to the new outfit on life. Consider it being knighted!"
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

Glenn, you almost became a "fallen knight" by buying the kayak to use for yakking! ;-) But there always is a purpose in life, I see it now, that boat was destined for greatness.

I can see it now...
--
Sir Glenn
"See ya on the Rivah!"
:-D
--
Mike.
-- Cya