When you get a new boat What do you tell your Wife or SO

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

When you get a new boat What do you tell your Wife or SO

Don't tell add it to the stable and hope she does not notice
15%
Tell Before bring it home
18%
Tell after brought it home Oh I got such a good deal
31%
You and your wife plan and pick out the boat
18%
Put in the stable when she catches you OH I have had that a long time
18%
Tell her it is a boat you sold
No votes

Total votes: 39

RobertM
Pain Boater

Post by RobertM »

I was pointing out to my better half that there was a good deal on a Cascade on cboats.net and she said well, your Cascade is getting kind of beat, and they aren't making them anymore, you should snag it.

Marrying this woman was easily the smartest thing I'll do for the balance of my days.
bobthepainter
Pain Boater

Post by bobthepainter »

:wink: .....she gotta sister?
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

Louie wrote:I think one of the first things you should tell them about gettin a new boats is the easiest and safest way for them to load it on your truck.

I would so bad if my wife hurt her back loadin my boat.
See what she'll do for you....

... if you don't call her, 'Honey Stupid'.
lagow8
Pain Boater

Post by lagow8 »

I just tell the girl friend that we can outfit the boat for both of us! I think the problem you all have is that you didn't find a girl that likes to boat. Or a girl that understands that you need to boat.

All you have to say is, "baby, all we need to do is make a velcro shim so we can both use the boat!"

John
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

"Honey Stupid"? wow.

i traded my last SO for a detonator

then i got a (open)boater chick. she likes all my boats, less for her to buy.
Joe
Louie

Post by Louie »

Joe this is a no BMer, well it is too long of a story to try and relay here see me at ALF or earlier if you get the chance, but remember if the first word of a sentence doesn't piss them off they hardly ever listen to rest of the sentence.
Cumnock
Proprietor - Walden's Ridge Whitewater

Post by Cumnock »

I tell her...WAIT...

I go boat...call it a perk of being single : )
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Funny thing I left my laptop up and the misses read and started asking questions like, Why are there 3 boats in your dining room, why do ya need so many boats, and could you please get that dry suit out of here IT STINKS. So holy sh$t First thing learned Leave all boats and new toys at the shop, remove price tags off of everything, and thrid lie like slick willey wishes he could. I tried to tell her they are all company boats, woulda worked if i did have about 3 manufacters in the stock pile. So i will be taking some pointers from above all my boats will be the same color, they where always gotten at the best deal ever < if the it was on sale will work for her shoes the dam
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

I just tell her this is the least harmful, most inexpensive way I could think of to express my mid-life crisis, better than an affair or an expensive sports car. I've used that one successfully to buy three Phantoms, a Solito, and a Prelude.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

After we heard that a family friend had spent north of $50K on a bass boat, I added that to my ammo. All of the money I ever spent on boats and paddling gear combined don't come to half of that over 17 years. Heck, throw in the camping gear and bicycles. The marginal cost of owning vehicles capable of hauling toys doesn't contribute significantly either - and if that did come into the equation we'd have to add to the "bass boat" side, too cuz that takes a bigger truck than I've ever owned.

Another handy answer is "no greens fees".
SkeeterGuy86
Select Paddles Sponsored Paddler

Post by SkeeterGuy86 »

What wife? :lol:
SG86

here in the south east god paddles on the left and that's how he made our rivers ~ oc1paddlr

http://select-kayaks.com/en/paddles/canoe-raft/c1/
jroneil
C Guru

Post by jroneil »

woulda worked if i did have about 3 manufacters
Just get some company labels and stick them over the current label
or just peel off the label. :evil:
Randy Dodson
C Guru

Post by Randy Dodson »

2opnboat1 wrote: woulda worked if i did have about 3 manufacters in the stock pile.

I always wondered if i gotta job at Mohawk, would I hafta git rid of my non-Mohawk boats. Guess not. 8)
Parrot Head Paddler
icyone
C Guru

WHERE ARE ALL THE C-1W's??????????

Post by icyone »

Come on, this is such a sexist question.

WE EXIST, TOO.

but I'm just guessing most of us don't need to hide & wave scarfs and make up little story lines.

We are HERE, we count, we boat, our boats & our boating needs count. Yes, some of us even have SO's who "don't boat". They got over it. We respect them, too. We were already "over it" about their interests when we signed on.

Who are you guys, anyway? Which century are you living in???
mattm
C Guru

what

Post by mattm »

wuddayatalkinabout? I was up at the NewBoston release in October and ran into a friend, Denise, who started boating not even 2 years ago, but really got into it quick. Her husband went I think once and freaking lost his boat. Well, after poling or paddling one day I forget which , I stop by the slalom course and there's Denise "Hey Matt gladto seeya' yeah I'm slaloming here too, check out my new boats yeah 2 slalom boata aren't they neat, yeah kevlar i dunno what to tell my husband hey it's not like itza boyfriend or anything right?.!"
so glad for Krylon, ABS and acetone.Squirt, sail, paddle and pole.