Necky Jive

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Mission
C Boater

Necky Jive

Post by Mission »

Used the search function but could find very little.
Anyone paddle one as C1? Think i can get one cheap but would like to know how they are as C1 before I shell out the cash if possible.

Thanks

Niall
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

There's video of one in the first few minute (0:40ish of the LVM monday morning madhouse segment on C1.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
Mission
C Boater

Post by Mission »

thats very cool....but its not a jive

Cheers anyway
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

At 24 inches width you would certainly have to live with a lack of stability but it looks like a fun hull, still. Never paddled one myself but it kind of reminds me of my amp, somehow. If you can get the saddle low enough you may end up with a cheap and fun riverplay.

Just my 2 pennies worth.
Watch out; that river has rocks on the bottom. :o
orky
C Boater

Post by orky »

my local scout campsite has some if you want to borrow one niall and check it out.they're not my favourite boat
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Looks like a good design. Yeah, it's narrow, but that makes it fast 8) I paddle w/ a guy who uses a Rip as a C-1 (23" wide). To me, it's scary on flatwater, but locks onto a wave.

The big downfall for me w/ Necky is the narrow cockpit opening. That makes it tough on fat thighs unless you can use a low enough saddle to get under the deck.