Return of a ledgend

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Louie

Post by Louie »

Whatever is best, I am waitin on a report from the boys they went to Tellico today.
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

Waiting to hear your latest report... it's starting to dry up around here.
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

Louie, how many days do you paddle the tellico a year? Great river but you have the whole plateau at your doorstep. I want to see more videos of the other rivers.
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Since this has turned in to more of a trip planning thread... that's where it's getting moved too.... Feel free to report back in the main forum though
Keep the C!
Adam
malone
Pain Boater

Post by malone »

Add one shawn to the list, If'n you don't mind another tag-a-long. I'm willing to paddle anywhere. :)
Go Big...
Standingman
Pain Boater

Post by Standingman »

Back from the Tellico the water was still enough or ELF but the ice was still there which adds a hole new element to the river.Yes we do the Tellico alot but it is close and a good run we can do it in about 4 hours 16 out of the last 18 Fridays :D That makes it to hard to pass up for a good run for fun. We can run it at ELF when other rivers are gone.If you have done the Obed at 1000 CFS then you know what I am talking about the pools are killer. when we get rain we do other rivers. Sounds like Sunday could be a good day for somthing different come join us 8)
Louie

Post by Louie »

It is hard to get the possy to go to the Pleateu. Tellico is just so close so easy to do and they know it so well. We never take two truck to Tellico. Then with the Little and Treemont as close the Pleateu takeas a back seat. Also unless you are doin Island Creek, Little Clear creek, or Crooked fork. The run to the east of us are better and it is so hard to do a one truck trip goin to the Pleateu. If we have someone visitin ya we will go West but just for us locals we would go to Tellico. I guess I do it 25 or thirty times a year but that is only half of what Dick, Doopey and a few other do it.