highest waterfall

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

horizongfx
CBoats Addict

Post by horizongfx »

BTW Isn't that a Dagger Caper Fraiser's paddling, during his pre Caption days I think he was paddlin Caper's.
For me; boating brings me closer to to something divine, and in a open canoe I'm 8 Inches closer.
...........O
......(___|/____)
............/.............
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Dang louie who pulled your tampon string In my personal oppinion I think Frazier did get the first on that one. I was just trying to ruffel some feathers. And yes it takes balls to huck a drop that big on purpose. I am not knocking fraz or anyone else that runs the sh*t But for a man who nit picks everyone elses rolls or there paddling ablity you sure are thin skined today.
Last edited by 2opnboat1 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
Jim Michaud
CBoats Addict

Post by Jim Michaud »

Steve Frazier didn't break his back but he did compress all his vertibrae. That's why he named it Compession Falls. Right after the picture was taken his canoe leveled off and it landed flat, hardly taking on any water at all.

Jim
Louie

Post by Louie »

Calm down Richard I think you over reacted, I was really referin more to all the buttboater who went off on Pablo because he came out from the back of the falls. I took what you said as guestioning joke in as much as neither of us have done the falls and I am pretty sure it is higher than Basin.
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Louie your just one of the only folks on here that we can poke in the ribs and not get hit I was just trying to get some action on the board. I just wanted to have a little fun and you are always game for a good discusion
Richard Guin
Louie

Post by Louie »

Just remember if you had stuck to just pokin your girl friend in the ribs you wouldn't be in the shape you are in now....of course she wouldn't be either.
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

true true but dam what fun would that be btw where is GDI boating ths weekend
Richard Guin
Louie

Post by Louie »

How much snow melt will 57 degrees on Friday in Knoxville give us in the mountains? Even Dick the Tellico biggest fan is ready to do sumthin besidies it. Last time I looke dry of the pigeon, the cassades had no flow and I don't think Cheoah will get up to 250 ( my personal min). So I guess it will be one of those Saturday morning decison thing. PLG is stuck in O-hi-O with the FIFO's so he won't be here, douth Dick and Doopey will leave the state, but Alwx and I will go anywhere I guess, but I hate that drive to Alabama BTW
BigMike
C Guru

Post by BigMike »

you pair sound like kowalski and the barber in "Gran Torino" :lol:
Louie

Post by Louie »

I think Richard changed his last name when he got kick out of Poland.
esprit
C Guru

Just measured at 42ft.

Post by esprit »

We were just on the Oro last week and measured La Gloria at 42 ft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNbuv3ltjcA

jim
BigMike
C Guru

Post by BigMike »

excellent stuff, Jim

What's the music on the film?
esprit
C Guru

Music

Post by esprit »

Hi Mike,

The music is by Michael Franti, the song called Passion, from the compilation called 1 Giant Leap.

jim
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

sweet looking creek!
Larry
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Excellent video Jim! Mexico is definitely on my to do list, once I am done with university.

I have a question about technique, I see that, as you drop La Gloria, you are essentially already in the setup position for a roll with the paddle on your offside. Any reason for that? Are you simply expecting to having to roll no matter what?
When I go over bigger drops (not that I have run anything above ~25ft), I usually have my paddle on my on-side, parallel to the boat with the blade facing back, ready to to a low brace if needed.

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau