Looking to better my skills

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Brock

Looking to better my skills

Post by Brock »

I have been c boating for two full years now. I feel that my skills have gotten about as far as they will go without getting some pointers by someone that actually knows what they are doing. If there are going to be any clinics going on somewhere in Ontario, i would be very interested in getting in on them. Thanks
Brock Scott
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Brock,

I believe Liquid Skills on the Ottawa offers C1 clinics.

http://www.liquidskills.com/

martin
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Judd
c

Post by Judd »

Hey Brock,

Another great way to improve is to paddle with other c-boaters! I'm in ontario too, and always looking for more people to paddle with! My home river is the ottawa, but I make it out to some other rivers too. If you are looking for people to c boat with, drop me an email (judd_robertson@hotmail.com)

Judd
Judd
River Rogue
c

Post by River Rogue »

I share Brock's concern although I have just barely started C-boating. Unfortunately, my sloppy habits in openboating are emphasized in my C-1...and I want to make sure I don't learn any new ones! :roll:
Does anyone know of anything (clinics/instruction) in the SE US...or are there any patient C-1 paddlers down here that would not mind dragging me along on some trips?

Thanks,
Anita
Kevin
C Guru

Post by Kevin »

I also paddle in Ontario

Hey Judd, we gotta paddle more together this summer on the ottawa...

anyhow ya, depending on your skill level paddling with other boaters defintly gets you to push you into new levels of paddling.
Drop Waterfalls, Not Bombs
Twiggy
c

Post by Twiggy »

I could definatley benifit from paddling with other C1ers. If anyone out there is near the Adirondack's or NJ and wouldn't mind a tag along I can use any help I can get.
Twiggy
Chris G.

Post by Chris G. »

Hey Anita!
My spring break is coming up and I was thinkin' of runnin' some stuff down in the AL. I think the Mulberry and Locust are running right now, if you're into the easier/playboatin' stuff. I was also thinkin' of grabbin' a buddy of mine to show me the lines down Town Creek. If you're interested, just respond t this with a way to contact you, and I'll let you know what me and some of my buddies are up to. I also get a chance to do some boatin' durin' other times of the school year, so I'll keep you posted. What are you paddlin' these days?
One Love,
Chris
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Twiggy...

Post by Sir Adam »

I'm down in Glens Falls these days, and will be boating the Hudson (Gorge as well as Riparius to the Glen, North Creek to Riparius) as well as the Sac very shortly. Feel free to e-mail me...it would be great to have another Adirondack Armada 8)
Keep the C!
Adam
River Rogue
c

Post by River Rogue »

Hello Chris G.!

I am definitely interested...try my email Nitapin@aol.com and we can communicate further details from there.

Thanks for responding,
Anita
:D
Judd
c

Post by Judd »

Kev, we definately need to get together more often! It looks like I'm going to be a weekend warrior this summer, but I should be out lots. Let me know when you are back from t-bay!
Judd