Esprit + Lost Tribe + Cboats = Ocoee this Saturday

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

the Big O
Pain Boater

Post by the Big O »

Woozymoose ! Hmmmmm, Thats gotta be Neil ! Triber in the "Canoe Movie" famous for his "Kayakers slappin around in the water " line.
LOL!!! Gotta love it !
Have a great day, Ken
woozymoose
c

Post by woozymoose »

Yes, it is me. I finally created a CBoats account for myself.
the Big O
Pain Boater

Post by the Big O »

Tribe's meeting at the Alpine lodge (I-40 @ exit 290). 6:30 am Central.
We'll get you there........and maybe back.
Have a great day, Ken
the Big O
Pain Boater

Post by the Big O »

Jim, if I have my count right, 5 L'Ledges, 2 preludes and 1 Taureau are being claimed on Sat. at this time. With a couple more bringing their own boats.

Everyone is really excited and ready to go !! Since most of us will be paddling boats we've never been in before and a few Ocoee virgins, I'm expecting quite the spectical....spektical....spectacal....O Dang....SHOW !!

Forecast update.....73 and sunny... O Yea
Have a great day, Ken
1blade
c

Post by 1blade »

Camping at the Nanty. See you guys there. Can't wait. I've been counting the days!!
esprit
C Guru

Saturday

Post by esprit »

Hey Lost Tribe,

I will be at the put in with all the boats... looking forward to seeing you there.

We are camping at Thunder Rock just above the put in. You are all welcome to join us (our group from WILD) for a bbq on Saturday after the river.

See you then!

jim
horizongfx
CBoats Addict

saturday

Post by horizongfx »

If any of the Lost tribe boys wants to Paddle a Spanish Fly I'll Be glad to bring it with me, Just let me know.
For me; boating brings me closer to to something divine, and in a open canoe I'm 8 Inches closer.
...........O
......(___|/____)
............/.............
oc1paddlr
CBoats Addict

Post by oc1paddlr »

looks like i'll be there! be good to see everyone again. then the nantie on sunday with matt todhunter. about 11:ish at the top.
paddlr
red boat ready
scott curtis
C Guru

Post by scott curtis »

i got a nitro and its getting close
malone
Pain Boater

Post by malone »

It was fun as usual, the Lost Tribe are becoming strong paddlers. I look forward to seeing these guys in a few years ripping the creeks and shredding the holes...
It was also very cool to see esprit loan out some nice boats and instruction as well 8) I would love to spend some time in Mexico with the group.....
Go Big...
smbjs
c

Post by smbjs »

Wow just when you think it couldn't get any better it did!
Jim & Esprit thanks so much! We pull in to the parking lot & the boats are lined up like rental cars. It truly was kids in a candy store! great day of paddling with the GDI & everyone. Great opportunity for the guys to learn about different boats & their characteristics. We get to the take out & the wild students decend on us, carry our boats & put them away. Canoe valets! Fabulous meal & visit with Jim & his students that evening. Hard to top a day like that!

Brett
Flying Fish
c

Post by Flying Fish »

Thanks again to Jim and the Esprit/WILD team for a great day on (and off) the river for the tribe along with Louie, Alex, Steve, Bob, and all the others! We truly appreciate the enthusiasm, coaching, and encouragement that all of you show for the guys of the "tribe".
See you on the river again soon!
Mr. Fish
"yes, that was me"
the Big O
Pain Boater

Post by the Big O »

OK, I'm tired I'm sore and the Ocoee kicked my ARSS ! It's been a while since I had a day like that on the river.......Sheesh ! But, I HAD A BALL !! Took about half the run to get used to the L'ledge........... note to self, don't try the Ocoee for the first time in a boat you've never paddled. LOL!! It's easier to remember the names of the rapids I made it through than the ones I swam.(the list is much shorter) Lesson learned!

Thanks to everyone that showed up to paddle , teach and learn. Jim and the bunch from Esprit / Wild were absolutely fantastic! Great bunch to hang out and paddle with and as Brett said earlier, they went above and beyond to give us a great day on the river. The GDI, well....... what can I say......LOL!! Fun day! All I know was that Louie was tickled pink, something about not blowing whistles and using throw ropes !! :wink:
Again, thanks to all and I'm looking forward to the next time .
Have a great day, Ken
OhCeeOne
C Boater

Post by OhCeeOne »

That was a fun day on the river! Ken that was an inspiring effort. I'm glad you hung in there and made it down. I saw "rapid" improvement across the board from the Lost Tribe. Tell them all to keep it up! I look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

Matt Long
MikeOC1
C Guru

Post by MikeOC1 »

Great meeting the lost tribe and GDI folks, my first ocoee run was a blast. Hope to See everyone on the river soon.