Decked L'Edge Conversion

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

taoslightning
c

Post by taoslightning »

You spend $1,400 on a boat from the factory it should be "wright", the saddle shouldn't be "tweaked" to one side nor should the painter pop out of the deck when you flip and you can't roll but are forced to swim, and you grab hold of the painter and realize that the factory builder didn't tie a knot but simply burned the line's end instead - it pulled out! That's ridiculous.... but it happened to me with a bunch of kayakers to bail me out.

I really want the boat "wright". I'm not sending it back to Canada, I want to paddle it. What do I need to do to fix the existing saddle and get it in its proper place?
Insurance? S--t! I never been insured in my life! I don't believe in insurance. There's no risk.

------ Lewis
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

I pulled my saddle (well, half of it) out to install a pump under it. I pulled the rear thwart and used a hacksaw blade (out of the saw) to very carefully go underneath the saddle and loosen the bond between the foam and the inside of the hull. Took less than an hour to have the saddle out, and it barely left any foam on the hull.
ian123
CBoats Addict

Post by ian123 »

... That's ridiculous....

Agreed. That sucks.
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

maybe you could widen that saddle to compensate for it being crooked? just glueing some foam on will be much easier than taking the whole thing out and glueing it back in.
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

Sweet job on opening up that L'edge!