Esquif customer service ROCKS

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

Smurfwarrior wrote:RARE FLUKE.... sorry that theory doesn't meet with your approval Gumpy. If it was anything but a fluke, it wouldn't be such a rare event. Don't think they are sitting on their thumbs, they arn't.
i'm not trying to burn esquif. i think it's great what they do. just wondering what the fix is, thats all. (and three identical failures in six months isn't a fluke, sorry.) and more people piling on with the same old "stuff happens, i'm sure they'll do something" is not the same as informing possible buyers of the fix. i guess your answer is "they didn't tell me". (you could have just said that)

basically, a bunch of folks who don't work for or represent esquif saying stuff like "rare fluke" and "i'm sure..." is meaningless.
Joe
dafriend
C Guru

Post by dafriend »

three identical failures in six months isn't a fluke
Only one failure which isn't hearsay and I can't find where anybody said "identical." Assuming the other two are real then we have three failures out of a fleet of ? There does not seem to be near enough evidence to announce a systemic problem.

One thing we know is that Smurf is happy with customer service.
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

Im amazed at how, what started angry jadded toward a company became so positive. dont even recognize the origonal post. Must have rrrrrreally taken care of you well.
Proud Yankee
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Tony- I was whining about my boat breaking, not being jaded with either the boat or the company. I've only been taken care of like anyone else out there would be taken care of, and that is really well. If it was not a fluke, Louie's or Dooley's L'Edges would most likely be broken with the stuff they run.
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

Most the stuff down south seems to be relatively boat friendly, as far as rocks go...

It's the green narrows stuff that will get you. Stuff where you spend more time in the air and on rocks, than water. - but any boat is going to give in to that type of punishment over time.
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

excuse me, sir, but do you take me for an anti-smurfite?
Joe
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Not sure, but I've made a few phone calls. Watch your ankles. :)
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Any canoe will break eventually if you paddle it enough on creeks or low water rivers. Trust me I've broken a lot of canoes from different companies. The good news: So far my L'edge has survived half a dozen runs down the green, a run on upper big creek, santeetlah, 2 days on tremont and maybe a dozen runs on the tellico, little and ocoee. That's a lot of bashing on rocks. Knock on wood its still in good shape. I will probably break it in 2011 but not until its survived a lot more tough creek runs. If you want a canoe that won't break get a used dagger quake its the only canoe that won't break. Otherwise have fun and buy new boats to support the canoeing community. The L'edge is a sweet canoe. I hope to bash it down the green this weekend if nothing else is running but we do have some rain in the forecast Wednesday... :D
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

......and there ya go! :)
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Just a reminder to keep things on topic and discussing Cboats and CBoating.... A page of posts was removed that was completely off-topic to the thread that was started, and did not involve CBoating, nor did it add anything to the discussion.

Remember, we're the "boring" forum :wink:
Keep the C!
Adam